Verifying that all requirements are analyzed correctly
Many serious software failures are often the result of wrong, missing or incomplete requirements formulated at the requirement analysis stage. Testing, therefore, verifies that requirements are relevant, coherent, traceable, complete and testable. This is the reason why testing porno really begins at the outset of a project during the requirements specification phase, prior to the generation of a single line of code.
Verifying that all requirements are implemented correctly
Adequate testing ensures that software operates as expected, providing correct user response and works as per requirement specification. Comprehensive Testing reduces the risk in the marketplace, minimizes system downtime, and increases the confidence in systems for customers and department staff. The key to software testing is trying to find the myriad of failure modes.
Any software application should be examined, tested and analyzed for risk of failure as per the requirement before it is launched into the market and used by the customer.
Identifying defects and ensuring they are addressed before software deployment
It is important to identify the defects at an early stage in the software engineering lifecycle otherwise it could pose a big problem at the time of deployment of the software application. If these defects are identified early and addressed properly it will reduce the cost of development to the extent of 10x as compared to a point when it gets identified after the deployment. The other major factor associated with this problem, not measurable in absolute terms but of more significance to the organization is losing the confidence of the customer and the resulting embarrassment.
– Simulation model of shipping system with multiple stockpiles around South East Australia, including ship scheduling.
– 20% production increase at Western Australian gold mine.
led benchmarking team to identify major improvement opportunities for a bulk handling wharf, including implementation planning.
simulation of a wharf operation to evaluate the impact of reducing the number of berths on ship delays.
– assisted a client to document business processes using IDEF0 methodology.
led client team to review service level and technology for an auxiliary site service.
– led client teams developing Performance Measures for an Australian wide distribution project.
– assisted a Tasmanian client with shipping contract negotiations.
developed first level benchmarks for a distribution project and designed second level benchmarking procedures.
– led consultant team to assist a Western Australian client renegotiate their 45 MW electricity contract. Prepared business analysis and negotiating case. – Prepared Negotiations Summary Document and presentation materials for meetings.
– Provided strategic advice and assisted with negotiations.
part of team reporting on the redevelopment of the North Hobart oval.
– Produced project evaluation section.